Thursday 14 May 2015

Life's little happiness

Now each one of us has a lot to thank God for. But we have a lot more to curse him and rant to him about. Because we focus on our troubles a lot more, which is fair and utterly normal. I am not going to go on a tirade about how people have everything in the world to complain about constantly , because I am very much a part of that population.

Now, to each his own. The fact is that just because others around us have it much worse than us, it does not make our troubles any less painful. In that case we should never shed tears, because someone else is going through a more dire problem all the time. But that doesn't take away our right to crib, fret and fume over the things which we bother about.

Now I am going to write about how we can retro-fit our psychology to console ourselves about some general things that have bothered us.

1. When some jerk says " You look really fat in this dress"- * This is for the sensitive women who pay too much heed to their body, I personally embrace my fatness (euphemism for not having the will to exercise or control my binge eating habits*

Well, That's alright- It means you look fat only in this dress. You generally look slim then . *Don't cross check with the person commenting, this is just a way to console yourself*. And also, who cares :D

2. When some jerk says "You look so bad in this pic"

Well, they mean you look so damn good in all other photos that its quite a shock when you at times don't photograph well *Again , Do Not Cross check" :D

3. When your mom says "All you do is study, eat and sleep. You never help me"

She just acknowledged that you're studying :D

4. When your manager yells at you "Why do you work this way ? Why can't you use your brains?"

Yayyy ! Your manager thinks you have brains :D

5.  When you're manager says "I am so disappointed with you"

That means, he expected a lot out of you, which in turn means you are really good at what you do. :D

6. When your friend says "You don't talk to me anymore. I mean nothing to you . You have new friends"

It means Hey You're a really big deal . You're important :D

7. When your manager says some other person works so much better than you.

It means, Well if that other person, with his dumbness can do a good job, why can't the brilliant you do it :D

So I guess on reading this post you will infer (that I have been yelled at by my manager several times) that you can make happiness out of little things which can push you over the edge to the bad place easily. Just see the positive of everything. Try to. But then cribbing and ranting is really fun, I must admit.



12 comments:

  1. Ha ha !!! you have a knack of creating humour out of adverse situation :) all of us have faced such comments at some point or other and have drowned in that lonely self pitying mode .So this is a positive approach to criticisms


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot sita aunty :D I am really happy that youre liking my posts .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written Ayshu and very true . It's always better to see the sunny side up. Hahahahaha . enjoyed reading once again:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chithi :D Your encouragement keeps me going !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Aish! You live (also) to make people laugh :D I like it that you are trying to be regular with the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a real light heart approach! Keep up the spirit my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that was so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Very funny Aishu ��
    I will try and adopt this positive approach to life's problems from now on

    ReplyDelete