Tuesday 6 January 2015

Hey Everyone !

Okay so as part of this whole customary introduction thing. I'm Aishwarya, someone who is currently pursuing the CA course and therefore someone who needs a respite from her everyday life which is why she took to blogging. ;)

So what really got me started on this !

1. Boredom
When you're pursuing CA, (for those pursuing other courses, their respective courses), you inevitably feel bored at some point .(EVEN if doing that course is your "passion" and all that) I started reading books but for some reason I never got to finishing any of them, then I took to listening to a lot of music which obviously got me bored again. So something different. Blogging (Till I get bored of that too, which I am sure I will.)

2. Inspiration
When I read Cocunut Chutney (Lavanya Mohan) or a book like Bossypants (Tina Fey), I get quite enthralled by how these women pen down their daily thoughts and make them funny and interesting to read. So I just thought , maybe I can give it a try. (As a corollary, you're supposed to infer that I'm going to try and be funny)
(Both Coconut Chutney and Bossypants were suggested to me by two of my friends. I didn't go blog/book surfing. They would never spare me if I didn't mention this, keeping it real)

3. Flair for writing
I have always had a flair for writing. That's all. (The sub heading was unnecessary, I know)

Why K.K Nagar Kedi
My colleagues at office came up with that name for me long back. (I'm not even sure they remember it.) I'm from K.K Nagar and I'm not a cool Kedi and all, but the name sounds cool so.... Also Tanglish (Tamil + English ) is cool, so....


Previous attempts at blogging

I have started blogs around thrice in the past. The first time, it was about movies where I would post reviews . Talk about thinking outside the box !It dawned on me that I don't even watch that many movies and blogging about movies requires constant updation of what is running in the theatres and in all mainstream languages (Tamil,Hindi and English). And I can't watch Action Jackson and all just to keep my blog running. Nor can I watch some highly intellectual movie like Interstellar and comment on how awesome it was whilst not having understood it myself ( Confession: Till date, I haven't understood what Inception was all about. But yeah, nevertheless, I'm also a  Nolan fan.). So Then I started this serious blog called "opinions - mine do matter". Yes. I really named my blog that. Surprisingly, I had not really had that many opinions which were worth sharing, especially considering my blog tagline insisted that Mine do matter. They didn't. Thank Goodness, I had some sense in me and didn't publicise that blog address on Facebook. And considering the blog address went by opinionsmdm.blogspot.in, (mdm short for "Mine do Matter") I don't think people would have clicked on the link at all. Then the third time, I did start a blog called "Yea Its me". But I realised I did something like that only when I opened my blogger yesterday. So pretty much no memories of that one.

So yes. This time, I just want to write about random everyday thoughts. Just the thoughts of an average tamil woman in her early 20s, living in K.K Nagar Chennai. I hope to not bore you and myself.

I thank my two friends (not sure if they want their names here) who have always encouraged me to write and then my parents because they're awesome.



5 comments:

  1. Finally. I really like this idea of random unraveling of thoughts that you have promised here.And,yeah.The name of the blog does pack some serious punch t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Way to go. Proud of you dear. Excellent!😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive beginning Aishu! I am sure you will keep it enjoyable all through. Keep posting often. All the best!

    Kalyani

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Aishwariya !! good beginning ,i thoroughly enjoyed reading it ,i have known you when you were small and you were really funny,remember u used to dance for Tamil songs,enact some movie scenes etc,but then I thought u have become serious (I always think CA students are very intelligent and therefore serious !!!) but u have proved me wrong :) keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete